Pet Care Resources
Helpful Resources from Our Newtown Veterinarians
At Sycamore Veterinary Hospital, we firmly believe in the value of pet care education. We want to help all pet owners become better parents to their furry friends and to improve the lives of pets throughout the region. Below are some valuable links as chosen by our hospital’s veterinarians.
Looking for more tips, tricks, and resources? Call Sycamore Veterinary Hospital at (215) 515-5392.
Care for Your Pets
- CATalyst Council – Learn about how important it is for cats to receive the proper care and attention they need and deserve.
- Heartworm Society — Answers all of your questions about heartworm disease.
Loss & Grieving
- National Animal Poison Control Center
- Plants Toxic to Animals — Learn which plants are dangerous for your pets.
- Veterinary Information Network — Good resources for you to learn about animal health.
- Center for Disease Control (Dogs) — Zoonotic diseases transmitted from dogs to humans.
- Center for Disease Control (Cats) — Zoonotic diseases transmitted from cats to humans.
Cat & Dog Breed Information
Food and Diet Resources
Your Pets. Our Passion.What Makes Us the Best Choice?
We reserve same day appointments for our patients, so they can get the care they need right away. We are also available on Saturday mornings until 2 PM for your convenience.
True Animal Lovers
We understand the unique bond between people and pets. All of our veterinarians came into practice because they loved animals.
Four Decades of Care
We have been proudly serving the Newtown community with the highest level of care for nearly 40 years. Rest easy and put your pet in good hands.
Real Stories From Real Owners
“Aly and Nicky, our two aging huskies have received consistent, attentive, competent, medical care from the veterinarians and staff at Sycamore for many years.”- Karen P.
“They are always the nicest to the dogs and their people.”- Mary Ann J.
“I plan on bringing my future animals back to not only Sycamore vet but Dr. Weiss!”- Jules S.