For Our Cat Patients
We know that it can be tough to get our feline friends in for a Wellness Exam, but even young indoor cats need to come in and get their nose-to-tail examinations at least once a year. Just like dogs, cats age more quickly than people — on average about seven years for each of our years.
Annual examinations can pick up any changes, such as a heart murmur or kidney changes before they become serious. If caught early enough, you and your veterinarian will work together to develop a treatment plan to keep your cat happier and healthier for as long as possible. Unfortunately, our feline companions are very adept at hiding illnesses and injuries. So when you see them acting differently, it’s very important to bring them to one of our veterinarians for an exam. At Sycamore Veterinary Hospital we take special care to make sure your cat will have the best visit possible.
For more information, contact us by calling (215) 515-5392 today!
Here are some tips for how to make the trip easier for you and your cat:
- Choose a cat carrier with a top that easily opens or lifts off.
- Keep the carrier out in the open in a safe place so your cat can adjust to going in and out. Throw treats inside from time to time to give your cat a treat for going in.
- Feed your cat inside the carrier.
- When your cat looks comfortable, start taking him or her on a tour of the house. When that feels good, start with short trips in the car.
- Make the trip as rewarding as possible. Offer treats and calming language. Keep the loud music and sharp turns to a minimum, especially during the first few trips.
- When you make your trip to our hospital bring along a favorite toy and/or a blanket with familiar smells.
- Most important: keep your cool! Cats can sense our emotions, if you’re calm, it will help them feel better, too.
“Aly and Nicky, our two aging huskies have received consistent, attentive, competent, medical care from the veterinarians and staff at Sycamore for many years.”- Karen P.
“They are always the nicest to the dogs and their people.”- Mary Ann J.
“I plan on bringing my future animals back to not only Sycamore vet but Dr. Weiss!”- Jules S.